Skincare the Simple Way | Simplify Your Process & Hone in What Works
How many times have you heard that you need a skincare routine? Either from friends, your mom, on youtube, or through media; I feel like we are told all the time that a skincare routine is crucial to have. When I first started to do a skin care routine I was in college and it was all over the place. I tried to do multiple mask, two different cleansers, two different moisturizer and all other products I could use. My routine was overwhelming and yes of course it was never consistent.
Just over the last couple of years I’ve been hooked on one simple and easy routine. No one ever told me that it could be so simple so I’m letting you all know now that your skincare routine can be simple and effective. When I went into Sehopra with my gift cards I didn’t plan on buying any skincare, but I bought a travel size moisturizer from Ole Henriksen and was sold from there. I slowly started to incorporate more and more Ole Henrisken into my routine and now my whole skincare routine is just that one brand. With some times exceptions when I use a sheet mask.
Now a little skin update. If you’ve followed me for a while you might remember when I talked about my skin totally taking a 180 after I turned 25. I used to be a oily monster, than my skin changed and I’m now more normal to dry. So I'm saying this, make sure you know what works for your current skin. Since your skin at some point will change or already changed you can’t use what work for you in the past. And when looking for products even though it might have worked for someone else, it might not work for your same skin. I don't want you to go broke from trying 80,000 products though. Go to Sephora and get some samples of products, or find the travel size. Travel size skincare saved my pocket when I was looking for things that I loved. And once you find what works, create a stable routine. Your skin will love you for it.
So what do I use you ask. I use Ole Henriksen and I couldn't be more happy with how my skin has evolved. Below are all the products I use with their description from the Ole Henriken website, with my testimony after.
- Truth: The Clean Truth Foaming Cleanser - "Cleanses, brightens, revives, and removes makeup. A thick, frothy facial cleanser that creates a rich lather to gently remove makeup, oil, and impurities - without stripping skin of essential moisture." I thought I had to wash my face with a more oil based cleanser to remove makeup, then follow with something else to make sure my face was clean. When in fact this cleanser has made my washing process easy with just two pumps. And my skin looks so radiant and feels smooth after.
- Truth: Truth Serum - "Brightens, firms, fights visible signs of aging and delivers all-day hydration. Supercharged with True-C Complex and collagen, this potent vitamin c collagen serum helps brighten and firm the skin." Now I have know clue if this truly fights signs of aging cause I feel like I've looked 17 years old for years. But I can say that it the vitamin C Complex has helped with evening out my skin tone. It looks brighter and healthier. I only use this as my day time serum.
- Transform: Invigorating Night Transformation Gel - "Evens skin tone, smoothes texture, brightens, reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Loaded with a concentrated multi-source alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) complex - including glyoclic and lactic acids - and microalage, this potent retexturing gel formula is designed for daily use, so you can see results." Now again with the finer lines and wrinkles, I don't know. But It has helped with those stubborn under the skin bumps that never seem to disappear before I started to use this. Now I still get them from time to time, but I believe that has to do with eating habits and that extra hormone boost we get once a month.
- Transform: Transforming Walnut Scrub - "Exfoliates, cleanses and purifies. Transforming Walnut Scrub is a 2-in-1 lightly foaming facial scrub that exfoliates and cleanses to purify pores." I have only bought the travel sizes of this but each time I have bought it I love it. I have no clue why I don't just get the full size. But regardless of that one, this smells AMAZING and two, leaves my skin feeling like a babies bottom. I use this 3 times a week, especially after those hard core workout sessions so my pores are extra clean.
- Transform: Sheer Transformation Perfecting Moisturizer - "Hydrates, evens skin tone, smoothes skin texture, and helps improve the look of dark spots and discoloration. Delivers weightless hydration and luminous perfection." Hands down why I fell in love with Ole Henriksen products was because of this gem. Now I was dealing with dry patches and couldn't find something light weight but still helped with my patchy dry skin. Before I was using a gel moisturizer because I was an oil monster, so I thought this would be the better choice and I was so right! This is a holy grail and I will be using this to the end of time.
Now that I finally am reading all the descriptions of the products I use in conjunction, I notice they all do almost about the same thing for my skin. But they work! So I can't say it's just one thing I use. They collectively have helped me during the changes my skin has encountered and were all added in to my routine at different times. Which in effect helped me see what they could and have done for my skin.
What skincare line or routine do you use and swear by?