5 Tips For Working From Home
In today's day and age, there are a lot of people that work from home. Working from home can be great, but it can also cause a lot of non-productive work days. Since my main job is running, I am at home most of the day working on my blog and trying to stay productive around the house. Sometimes I am really productive and sometimes, well, my phone, the TV and YouTube start to become my work day. With summer here and at home work days start to become less and less attractive, I thought I'd share with you all my 5 tips on how I plan to stay productive. Share your tips on how you stay productive below.
- Create a workspace that inspires you. Most of the time I wake up and open my laptop and start doing work. The problem is I am doing it from my bed, and it's easier to get off task. So make sure to get up, work from your desk, make a place in your house that inspires you, and work your butt off.
- Set a schedule. Working from home has the advantages of working whenever you want. When this happens, we work for an hour and then start socializing. Make sure to set a designated time, like 9-6, to make sure you can get your work done.
- Detach from your phone and non-work websites. In some cases, having your phone is needed, but when Instagram, twitter and snapchat start to become more of a distraction the phone has to be put away. I try to stay away from my phone unless I get a phone call or text message. Since I have apple my phone is paired to my computer, so those calls and messages are seen without my phone in my hand.
- Have a to-do list. Not having a boss is great. You get to tell yourself what you want to work on and how much you want to do for that day. Make sure to have a set to-do list for the day or week though. Not having this can lead to you not having a clue where to go next.
- Get outside. It's great that we can work from home, but being cooped up in your office or room can start to breed some non-productive days. Go to Starbucks, the library, sit outside on your deck. Just change up your settings and you will be more productive.