How to Add a Newsletter Pop-Up on Squarespace
When I wanted to update a few things on my website, the first thing I wanted to do was add a pop-up to my blog. This ultimately was a great idea, as it gave my readers another chance to sign up for my monthly newsletters if they hadn't done so on the main home page of my website. As I went to do it I ran in to not knowing how to set one up. I use MailChimp for my newsletter and email marketing and I thought that was the place I needed to go to if I was going to set up my pop-up code to implement it on my blog.
As I searched and searched the internet for hours on how to add a pop-up to my Squarespace website using MailChimp, I kept running into the same thing. "It can't be done", "You have to use something else", or just countless questions that were unanswered. So I took a mental break for a couple days and jumped back on the horse. I was determined to get a pop-up and I did! So I thought why not share how I did it with all the people out there who are or might struggle with adding a pop-up to their Squarespace website/blog.
- Create a list in MailChimp if you have not already done so. This will be where all emails are stored.
2. After creating your list, click the arrow on the side of stats to add a signup form.
3. The screen now showing will give you several options for forms. The one you want is called Subscriber Popup. Click select to start your process of designing your popup.
4. Design the popup exactly how you want it. You can also see how it will look on a desktop or mobile device. When done press view code to get the code you will need for later (copy this) and press publish.
5. Once you have your code its time to get it on to your blog. Now it depends on where you want to put it. Either that be right when someone gets to your blog, front landing page or contact form, you can put it anywhere you like. Once you've figured out where you want to place it, click on the gear on the side of that page.
6. Click Advance, Scroll down, and place your code in the Header Code Injection space. Click save and you're ready to go! Your popup is now live and ready for your readers to take action!