Hair Growth Challenge #2
Last year in July I was bored and cut my hair. Don't get my wrong I love my short hair, and I love the tapered cut. But I slowly started to miss my hair and being able to put it in my standard bun.
Early last year I decided to start a hair challenge to get myself on a healthy hair journey. I did this challenge for a month and slowly started to see changes in my hair after 3 weeks. After the challenge I kept up the routine for once a month until July. Not only did my hair start to hold moisture better, and my curl forming more, I started to see significant hair growth. So I'm back on trying to grow my hair out and I of course immediately thought back to my easy and simple routine. I will do this routine twice a month from now on and keep you all updated through out the months.
- Melt down coconut oil and mix with Vitamin E oil. Massage oil on scalp for 3-5mins. Put rest on the rest of hair and cover with cap.
- Keep cap on for 2-3 hours or overnight(if done night before wash day). OPTIONAL: Use heat cap or seated hair dryer.
- Wash hair with sulfate free shampoo
- Condition and Detangle
- Wrap hair in tshirt or microfiber towel for 30mins
- Unwrap hair and put leave in, coconut oil, and cream based styler or moisturizer.
Mid - week wash
- Deep condition and detangle while conditioning
- Rinse and follow LOC method, same as wash day.