Raspberry Oatmeal Breakfast Muffin Recipe
I love this recipe it's a great breakfast muffin or even when you want a little snack. Last year for camp I made them with bananas, so honestly you can put whatever type of fruit you want. This time around I made them with raspberries and I think strawberries are definitely on my list next.
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup 1% buttermilk
- 2/3 + 1/2 cup whole wheat white flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup of Raspberries (recommend 1cup but I wanted more raspberries)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Heat oven to 400 degrees, you will reduce the temperature later.
- Grease or line a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Stir the oats and buttermilk together. Let them soak until you need them.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, mash the raspberries. Add the oil, vanilla, beaten eggs, and the oats & buttermilk mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Add the mixture to the large bowl with the dry ingredients and mix, stopping as soon as the flour is fully incorporated.
- Scoop the batter into muffin tins, then reduce the temperature to 375 and bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let them sit in the tin for another five minutes, then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.