Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner Review
I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving. I thought I would share a product review with you all. I bought the Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioner because of all the rave reviews I had read. So I thought I would add my own as well.
Overall this product is not a hit for me. My curls don't like the heavy creme texture at all. If I want to do a wash and go it weighs down my hair and makes it feel so greasy. It also doesn't work well with any type of gel that I have. It causes a ton of build up and you can feel on your hair and see. I can say, a little goes a long way though. If you are going to try this for the 1st time do not put more then a dime size amount on your hair. I do like it for doing my top buns and twisted styles. It smells amazing and does keep my hair moisturized. I will continue to use this for the winter months but I will definitely stick to my Mixed Chicks Leave in for my daily styling and wash and go's.
But here are my pros and cons.
- Price: The price is great. It's about $5 from the drugstore.
- Smell: I'm in love with the smell. It lingers in your hair and I'm a sucker for good smelling hair products.
- Softness: Leaves hair soft and easy to work with.
- Moisturizing: Penetrates hair shaft and keeps hair moisturized.
- Heavy: Weighs hair down and makes curls look lifeless.
- Greasy: To much can leave hair feeling overly greasy.
- Gel combo: Any type of gel with this product is a no no. It leaves a whole lot of flakiness and build up.